Saturday, March 22, 2008

Taking a moment to share


Well, we've traveled enough to go to Okalahoma City and back in the last two days. Thursday morning we left at 6:00 to make it to Columbia for Emily's doctor's appointment. Then on the way back, the flooding forced us to take two different detours. We arrived home at 4:oo p.m.


Then Friday, we left home at 9:30 to go to St. Louis to speak with financial aide about Zachary's tuition, etc. Knowing there was a pile up on I-44 we took Highway 100 to avoid the congestion. The traffic was terrible, making us late for our 1:00 appointment. On the way home, we decided to take the intersate anyway, thinking that everyone else was taking the long way around like they did in the morning. A normally two and a half hour trip took us 4 hours, but we did get a lot of pictures and I got to read my new book, Love is in the Merde. I'd have to admit, though, that this book is pretty annoying. All the protagonist can think about is sex. I want more French culture. I'm tired of listening to him whine about his sex life.


Well, I have work to do, so I'd better go. I have found a lot of interesting people through this site. I have put their web sites on my list of interesting people. Check them out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Where was the picture taken? St. Charles? Up here we aren't having much flooding, but we didn't have near the rain southern Missouri had. I was just thinking how you've had inches of snow just recently with inches of rain on top. Will you ever dry out? Also wondering about the farmers in the area, is this extra moisture going to help their crops in the long run?

KIM MOSER said...

It was taken right around Fenton along I-44. It's lucky the Literacy Academy was th 14th because you wouldn't have made it down here the easy way. Yes, the farmers are enjoying the very much needed rain. We've been in a drought for so long. Of course, at the moment the mud is exasperating and the floodgates need fixing, etc. But, just like Emily's injury, we know the end result is worth it. Happy Easter.