Saturday, December 13, 2008

More Surgery for the Mosers

Well, it's not enough that both my children are familiar with Dr. Tarbox. Now my husband has to go under his knife. Dee tore his rotator cuff and will be having surgery Tuesday, Dec. 16, in Columbia. We haven't decided whether we're going up tomorrow or Monday because of the ice storm. He has presurgery work to do on Monday, so we were already planning to spend the night Monday, but we don't want to be driving up there on ice, so we may go up Sunday. Say some prayers for us. We are in serious need of such. He'll be out of complete commission for six weeks and will not be back to normal for at least six months. I guess I'll find out how much I depend on him for stuff, won't I?


Juanita said...

Wow. Sounds like you all need to be more careful down in southern MO.

Best of luck to Dee in his surgery. Will he need you to stay home for the six weeks he's recuperating? If so, that would be a good trial run for retirement, see how you get along all day, every day ... (as if you're old enough to think about retiring!)

My vote is to drive up tomorrow (Sunday) since the high will be 60ish and the ice is supposed to start after midnight. At any rate, drive safely.

KIM MOSER said...

Thanks, Juanita. We did end up driving up on Sunday and it was a very good thing we did. We got to Columbia barely in time. It was already icing. We stayed at the Motel 6 right by the interstate. It's a new one, with interior doors, free internet, an indoor pool and hottub, but no coffe pots in the room (much to my husband's dismay). Thanks for thinking of us. Kim